In this article we will start exploring the General Settings which appear as you visit the Settings page
- The first option is the Knowledge base page. This is a select menu with a list of your pages, you need to select the page where you placed the shortcode. If you didn’t create one yet, please follow the instructions here first.
- Breadcrumbs name is name shown in the breadcrumbs to link to the main knowledge base page. As default it is set to ‘Knowledge Base’. You can change it to what fits best on your project. We suggest to Make this match with the entry page title.
- BasePress keeps track of the number of times an article is visited. This information is used to suggest related articles based on public interest.
You can use the Exclude IPs from post view counter field to tell BasePress to ignore visits from specific IPs.
- Single product mode allows you to use the Knowledge base for a single product removing the multi product entry page. For more details about the difference between single and multi product mode please have a look at this article.
- Remove all content on uninstall is an option that should be used with care:
If your are planning to remove the knowledge base permanently including all products, sections and articles created, activate this option before uninstalling.
ATTENTION! Once the content is removed it cannot be restored
If you need to delete the plugin before installing an update make sure that this option is NOT enabled.